ScitoVation is dedicated to understanding how chemical compounds affect human health. We help our clients develop safer and more effective pharmaceuticals, food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, commodity chemicals and consumer products using non-animal-based approaches for human safety assessment. We are a pioneer in 21st century risk assessment methods broadly referred to as Next Generation Risk Assessment (NGRA). We have several positions for principal scientist who will serve as external advisors to our clients.
We prefer a candidate with experience in the following industries or segments: chemical, agribusiness, consumer products or pharmaceutical (preclinical). The ideal candidate has served as a consultant in helping assess the safety of chemical compounds with preference for someone who has served in a leadership role. Experience in dealing with regulators for the chemical industry is a plus. The selected candidate(s) will be expected to develop and maintain a client portfolio.
The individual will be accountable for the following:
- Excellence delivery
- Serve as the client voice on projects. Responsible for overseeing the technical directions of projects and ensure that key deliverables meet the client needs.
- Seek opportunities for innovation on projects.
- Help develop scope of work, budget and timeline in contract and subcontracts
- Customer Engagement/Business Development
- Responsible for client retention and mining for additional work with existing customers
- Develop a diverse portfolio of projects in coordination with Business Development
- Support the capture of new businesses
- Review large proposals and ensure that we articulate value and differentiation to customers
- Serve as a mentor to junior staff
- Stay abreast of shifts and trends in industry, to adapt and evolve our business (Supports thought leadership in the group)
- Represent the company at professional and industry conferences